Review of 10 Best Books on Women sexual health
In this post on Review of 10 Best Books on Women sexual health, I will review the best ten books to help women be successful in their sexual life at any age.
The sexual health of women is essential to emotional and physical well-being. But to achieve a satisfying sexual life, it takes self-reflection direct communication with the male partner. Many a time, it is difficult talking about sexuality.
- Review of 10 Best Books on Women sexual health
- Women sexual health disorders
- Signs of Sexual Dysfunction in Women
- 10 Best Books on Women sexual health
- When Survivors Give Birth: Understanding and Healing the Effects of Early Sexual Abuse on Childbearing Women
- How To Have Great Sex: A Complete Guide on Making Love and Mind-Blowing Sex (Intimacy)
- The Emotionally Abused Woman: Overcoming Destructive Patterns and Reclaiming Yourself
- 30 Days of Sex Talks for Ages 12+: Empowering Your Child with Knowledge of Sexual Intimacy
- This Is Your Brain on Birth Control: The Surprising Science of Women, Hormones, and the Law of Unintended Consequences
- Menopausal Years: The Wise Woman Way, Alternative Approaches for Women 30-90 (Wise Woman Herbal)
- Abundantly Well: The Complementary Integrated Medicine Revolution (Wise Woman Herbal Series)
- 7 Times a Woman: Ancient Wisdom on Health and Beauty for Every Stage of Your Life
- Beyond the Pill: A 30-Day Program to Balance Your Hormones, Reclaim Your Body, and Reverse the Dangerous Side Effects of the Birth Control Pill
- Down There: Sexual and Reproductive Health (5) (Wise Woman Herbal)
Women sexual health disorders
A state of sound health that will let the woman fully participate in and enjoy sexual activity is the reference of sexual health. The factors like physical, interpersonal, psychological, and social factors influence women’s sexual health.
It is not valid for most women that the body’s desire for sex motivates sexual activity leading to sexual arousal with orgasm. Various factors dampen sexual desire and help women feel arousal and sexual desire.
Physical desire isn’t the primary motivation for sex for women above 40 years of age or who have gone through menopause. The explanation of women having sex is due to their feelings about coming close to their partner. With an expression of her feelings
The disorders from psychological or emotional problems such as stress, anxiety, fatigue, worry, depression, fear of painful intercourse, and fear of pregnancy can cause women frigidity.
Signs of Sexual Dysfunction in Women
- Dryness in Vagina
- Pain during intercourse
- Low sex desire
- Problem of arousal
- Difficulty in orgasm.
10 Best Books on Women sexual health
When Survivors Give Birth: Understanding and Healing the Effects of Early Sexual Abuse on Childbearing Women
About this Book
When Survivors Give Birth is written for a mixed audience of maternity care professionals and para-professionals, mental health therapists and counselors, and women survivors and their families. The authors expertly and compassionately address the unusual and distressing challenges that arise for abuse survivors during the childbirth experience.
The first section informs the reader of the impact of early sexual abuse on children, adults, and on all aspects of childbearing. The second section teaches skills in communication, self-help skills, counseling and psychotherapy techniques. The third covers clinical challenges and solutions for doctors, nurses, midwives, doulas, and others. Case histories throughout the book clarify and apply the content.
How To Have Great Sex: A Complete Guide on Making Love and Mind-Blowing Sex (Intimacy)
About this Book
Discover the Foundations of Great Sex
- The best foreplay to turn your lover on
- How to give and receive amazing orgasms
- All about taboo practices
- Overcoming common sexual inhibitors such as premature ejaculation
All the Sex Positions You’ll Ever Need
- No two positions are repeated!
- From easy to athletic
- From the very intimate to the downright dirty
- Sexual positions for every couple
- Grouped for easy reference
- Easy to follow descriptions and tasteful illustrations
Yoga Routines to Increase Your Sexual Pleasure
- Improve emotional and sexual connection
- Alleviate sexual dysfunctions
- Intensify orgasms
- Increase sexual stamina
- Solo and partnered yoga routines
Unleash the Pleasure of Tantric Sex
- Cultivate the mindset of the tantric lover to get the most out of your tantric romance
- How to create a personal space most conducive to tantric sexual practice
- Learn about chakras and how they play an important part in tantric sex
- Ancient tantric and yogi rituals to open yourself to a higher sexual awakening
- Understand exactly how orgasms work, and how to use the knowledge for maximum sexual pleasure
Learn all the above and more!
Limited Time Only…
Get your copy of How to Have Great Sex today and you will also receive:
- Free SF Nonfiction Books new releases
- Exclusive discount offers
- Downloadable sample chapters
- Bonus content
… and more!
Turn good sex into great sex, because this book has all the secrets you need.
The Emotionally Abused Woman: Overcoming Destructive Patterns and Reclaiming Yourself
About this Book
Does your husband or lover constantly criticize you and put his needs before yours?
• Do you sometimes wonder if your best friend is truly a friend?
• Does your boss try to control your every move?
• Does your fear of being left alone keep you in chronically hurtful relationships?
If any of these questions sound familiar, you could very well be suffering from emotional abuse—the most widespread but also the most hidden abuse that women experience. This type of abuse is just as damaging as physical or sexual abuse.
But there is help in this invaluable compassionate sourcebook. As a marriage, family, and child therapist who has grappled with these issues herself, Beverly Engel guides you through a step-by-step recover process, helping you shed the habits begun in childhood and take the first few steps toward healthy change.
Using numerous examples drawn from case history and her own therapeutic expertise, Engel will show you how to
• Recognize and understand the abusers in your life
• Identify the patterns that have kept you emotionally trapped
• Complete your unfinished business
• Decide whether to walk away from an abusive relationship or take a stand and stay
• Heal the damage of abuse by building self-esteem
• Break the cycle of abuse and open yourself to the promise of healthy relationships
30 Days of Sex Talks for Ages 12+: Empowering Your Child with Knowledge of Sexual Intimacy
About this Book
Sexual intimacy is one of the greatest experiences available to us as human beings. 30 Days of Sex Talks makes it simple for you to discuss sex in the context in which it belongs; as part of a healthy relationship that also includes joy, laughter and the full range of emotion that defines human intimacy.
Teenagers generally have more mature and complicated concerns about love, sex, and relationships and how they fit together. This book is meant to help you approach these subjects and create meaningful dialogue about them.
The program includes topics like emotional intimacy, social media, consent, and creating healthy relationships. Each topic has bullet points and numerous questions to act as conversation starters. These will facilitate vital talks while allowing you to express your own thoughts, feelings and cultural beliefs.
Included with this book is a code for downloadable topic cards that can be printed and placed in a convenient spot to serve as a reminder to both you and your teen to start talking! All of these topics have been thoroughly researched and will initiate an ongoing, layered dialogue that will continue into the future. As you progress through these talks, your relationship with your child will be strengthened and you will be able to discuss anything that follows as your teen grows into a healthy, knowledgeable adult.
This Is Your Brain on Birth Control: The Surprising Science of Women, Hormones, and the Law of Unintended Consequences
About this Book
This groundbreaking book sheds light on how hormonal birth control affects women–and the world around them–in ways we are just now beginning to understand. By allowing women to control their fertility, the birth control pill has revolutionized women’s lives. Women are going to college, graduating, and entering the workforce in greater numbers than ever before, and there’s good reason to believe that the birth control pill has a lot to do with this. But there’s a lot more to the pill than meets the eye.
Although women go on the pill for a small handful of targeted effects (pregnancy prevention and clearer skin, yay!), sex hormones can’t work that way. Sex hormones impact the activities of billions of cells in the body at once, many of which are in the brain. There, they play a role in influencing attraction, sexual motivation, stress, hunger, eating patterns, emotion regulation, friendships, aggression, mood, learning, and more. This means that being on the birth control pill makes women a different version of themselves than when they are off of it.
And this is a big deal. For instance, women on the pill have a dampened cortisol spike in response to stress. While this might sound great (no stress!), it can have negative implications for learning, memory, and mood. Additionally, because the pill influences who women are attracted to, being on the pill may inadvertently influence who women choose as partners, which can have important implications for their relationships once they go off it. Sometimes these changes are for the better . . . but other times, they’re for the worse.
By changing what women’s brains do, the pill also has the ability to have cascading effects on everything and everyone that a woman encounters. This means that the reach of the pill extends far beyond women’s own bodies, having a major impact on society and the world.
This paradigm-shattering book provides an even-handed, science-based understanding of who women are, both on and off the pill. It will change the way that women think about their hormones and how they view themselves. It also serves as a rallying cry for women to demand more information from science about how their bodies and brains work and to advocate for better research. This book will help women make more informed decisions about their health, whether they’re on the pill or off of it.
Menopausal Years: The Wise Woman Way, Alternative Approaches for Women 30-90 (Wise Woman Herbal)
About this Book
The best book on menopause is now better. Herbal solutions for osteoporosis, hot flashes, mood swings, fatigue, flooding, fibroids, low libido, incontinence, anxiety, depression.
Completely revised with 100 new pages. All the remedies women know and trust plus hundreds of new ones. New sections on thyroid health, fibromyalgia, hairy problems, male menopause, and herbs for women taking hormones.
Recommended by Susan Love MD and Christiane Northrup MD.
One of the world’s best selling books on menopause still comes on strong. Called “indispensable,” “incredible,” and a “treasure trove of information,” Menopausal Years is the “bible” for the 87% of American women over the age of fifty who want nothing to do with hormones.
Includes information and remedies for problems with premenopause — flooding, erratic periods, fibroids, spotting, water retention, muscle soreness — as well as menopause — hot flashes, sleeplessness, mood swings, headaches, palpitations, anxiety, depression, fatigue, and much more. Final chapters speak to post-menopausal women’s concerns: including ways to maintain heart health, prevent and reverse osteoporosis, deal with dry vaginal tissues and incontinence, ease aching joints, and maintain healthy libido.
The soothing, wise voice of Grandmother Growth guides each woman through the book and through her own menopause metamorphosis. Ritual interludes interweaves a spiritual dimension often lacking in other works.
Includes superb resource lists for menopause information, index, glossary, directions for using (and preparing) herbal medicines, complete descriptions of the most-used menopausal herbs (including nettles, ginseng, dong quai, red clover, oatstraw, and motherwort), recipes for heart- and bone-healthy dishes, and lots of illustrations. Also available: Menopause Metamorphosis Video starring Susun S. Weed.
Abundantly Well: The Complementary Integrated Medicine Revolution (Wise Woman Herbal Series)
About this Book
This book covers every healing modality—including forest bathing, story medicine, placebos, orgonomy, tai chi, drumming, wild food, non-dual therapies, Feldenkrais, hug therapy, reiki, psychic surgery vibrational medicine, dowsing, orgasm, psychoactives, adaptogens, supplements, anti-radiation allies, and surviving surgery. Join the Complementary Integrated Medical Revolution. Enjoy the Seven Medicines. This may be the only book on health you’ll ever need.
7 Times a Woman: Ancient Wisdom on Health and Beauty for Every Stage of Your Life
About this Book
7 Times a Woman is the product of a 20 year personal and clinical journey in understanding and balancing women’s cycles. It began with Dr. Andrews’ personal health challenges which led her to become an acupuncturist and open her own clinic where she has helped many women heal from hormonal imbalances.
7 Times a Woman is a reference book for women’s health, covering daily, monthly, yearly, and 7 year cycle care to increase beauty and vitality. It educates women on the topics of conception, childhood, menstruation, postpartum, menopause, detoxification, rejuvenation, Daoist sexual cultivation, Inner Alchemy, and senior care. 7 Times a Woman includes over 50 meditations, qigong exercises, and practices and over 70 recipes and herbal formulas women can use to transform themselves.
For lay women, 7 Times a Woman will show you how to look and feel your best at every age:
- Stay juicy and vital after menopause
- Keep your figure and your mind after childbirth
- Learn ancient Daoist meditation, sexual alchemy, and beauty secrets
- Use safe detox and weight loss strategies
For acupuncturists, 7 Times a Woman gives you herbal formulas, point prescriptions, diet plans, and strategies for common female maladies so you can:
- Alleviate PMS, menstrual cramps, and yeast infections
- Heal postpartum weight gain, low libido, and depression
- Quickly treat hot flashes, vaginal dryness, insomnia, and other menopausal symptoms
- And much more
Beyond the Pill: A 30-Day Program to Balance Your Hormones, Reclaim Your Body, and Reverse the Dangerous Side Effects of the Birth Control Pill
About this Book
Out of the 100 million women—almost 11 million in the United States alone—who are on the pill, roughly 60 percent take it for non-contraceptive reasons like painful periods, endometriosis, PCOS, and acne. While the birth control pill is widely prescribed as a quick-fix solution to a variety of women’s health conditions, taking it can also result in other more serious and dangerous health consequences.
Did you know that women on the pill are more likely to be prescribed an antidepressant? That they are at significantly increased risk for autoimmune disease, heart attack, thyroid and adrenal disorders, and even breast and cervical cancer? That the pill can even cause vaginal dryness, unexplained hair loss, flagging libido, extreme fatigue, and chronic infection. As if women didn’t have enough to worry about, that little pill we’re taking to manage our symptoms is only making things worse.
Jolene Brighten, ND, author of the groundbreaking new book BEYOND THE PILL, specializes in treating women’s hormone imbalances caused by the pill and shares her proven 30-day program designed to reverse the myriad of symptoms women experience every day—whether you choose to stay on the pill or not. The first book of its kind to target the birth control pill and the scientifically-proven symptoms associated with taking it, BEYOND THE PILL is an actionable plan for taking control, and will help readers:
• Locate the root cause of their hormonal issues, like estrogen dominance, low testosterone, and low progesterone
• Discover a pain-free, manageable period free of cramps, acne, stress, or PMS without the harmful side effects that come with the pill
• Detox the liver, support the adrenals and thyroid, heal the gut, reverse metabolic mayhem, boost fertility, and enhance mood
• Transition into a nutrition and supplement program, with more than 30 hormone-balancing recipes
Featuring simple diet and lifestyle interventions, BEYOND THE PILL is the first step to reversing the risky side effects of the pill, finally finding hormonal health, and getting your badass self back.
Down There: Sexual and Reproductive Health (5) (Wise Woman Herbal)
About this Book
What would your private parts say if they could speak? The pelvic floor, bladder, prostate, cervix, clitoris, uterus, ovaries, and lots of other pelvic parts have their say in Susun Weed’s new book Down There: Sexual and Reproductive Health the Wise Woman Way.
Susun Weed, the voice of the Wise Woman Tradition, has spent the last twenty-five years listening to what’s between our legs. Her new book gives voices to all those parts, describes them in health, and offers alternative, complementary, integrative, homeopathic, and allopathic remedies for their distresses. Whether your “down there” gives you pleasure or pain, Ms. Weed’s simple, successful, strategies optimize health.
“Filled with beauty, truth, wisdom and healing.” Christiane Northrup, MD, author
Get the answers to your most intimate questions right now. Do you have it? What can you do?
- Prostate Problems
- Hysterectomy Alternatives
- Sex Infections/STDs
- Cervical Issues
- Healing After Trauma
- Chronic Pelvic Pain
- Dry Vagina
You’ll find a full range of options, fully explained and well-illustrated, so you can make the very best choices for your good health.
* Homeopathic remedies * Nourishing herbal infusions
* Emotional aids * Dietary strategies
* Herbal stars * Alternative medicines
* Helpful/harmful drugs * Successful surgery
* Shamanic/soul work
“Feel good in your body. Feel good in your spirit. Take this time away from demands and feel good. Lean against me as you sing. Lean against me and sing with me until the bones of the Ancients ring with ecstacy. Sing yourself to sleep. Sing yourself to wholeness, sing yourself to joy.”Read more