In this post, I will write about the The Top 10 Best safety shoes for men in 21-22, design of safety shoes and the buying guide.
Many of us work in industries, on ships, construction works, and workshops; in such a working environment, we have to ensure the safety of our feet from injuries. Safety shoes are designed in various styles and fittings depending upon the requirement and the type of workplace.
- Materials for the different parts of safety shoe
- Types of Protection by safety shoe
- Symbols and Classifications of Safety Shoe
- Rock rooster Woodland
- Carhartt Men’s Ruggedflex Safety Toe Work Boot
- ROCKROOSTER Woodland Work Boots for Men
- ORISTACO Work Safety Boots Breathable Lightweight Reliable Durable Steel Toe Industrial Construction Shoes
- EVER BOOTS”Ultra Dry” Men’s Premium Leather Waterproof Work Boots Insulated Rubber Outsole
- Carhartt Men’s CMF6371 RugFlx6inblkcomp-M Construction Shoe
- Timberland PRO Men’s Power train Sport Alloy Safety Toe Electrical Hazard Athletic Work Shoe
- ROCKROOSTER Men’s Work Boots
- Men’s Soft Toe Oil Full Grain Leather Work Boots
- DRKA Men’s Steel Toe Work Boots Water Resistant Safety Shoes
- Frequently Asked Questions for Safety Shoe
Materials for the different parts of safety shoe
Toe caps are usually steel toe caps. But the design of the toe cap can be reinforced from composite material, plastics as Thermoplastic polyurethane or Aluminium. Toe caps are made as per the requirement from shoe to shoe. As per the safety regulations and protective cap should withstand the drop test of 100 joules.
The upper leather of most of the safety shoes will be made from smooth leather. In some cases, for the comfort of working in hot conditions, the material of the shoe will be textile or synthetic, which is more breathable. However, primarily shoes are made from leather which is more stable and offers excellent protection against hazards and elements.
The lining material should have breathability properties, absorb moisture, and quick dry since it is in direct contact with the foot.
The ideal material of the insole is leather or non-woven wool to provide protection and comfort to the foot. The material for the insole should be durable, capable of absorbing moisture, and should dry up quickly.
The outsole of the safety shoe is made from rubber, TPU or polyurethane. All these materials have different properties. For the persons operating the heavy machinery, the insole of their shoes will be with additional padding, heel caps, and scuff caps.
Types of Protection by safety shoe
Against falling Objects-The Top 10 Best safety shoes for men in 21-22
The most significant common cause of foot injury is the falling of heavy objects. Safety shoes will protect the foot from the severe impact of the thing, and the reinforced toe cap will provide the release to the foot trapped under the object
working in an environment with sharp objects in a scrap yard or standing on the glass will need the choice of the paramount outsole
Working with cutting machines such as chainsaws or logging machines, it is mandatory to use proper footwear with cut-resistant properties to protect against cutting injuries.
Working in a place with an accumulation of static electricity may cause shocks; using a pair of shoes with conductive properties will minimize the amount of static electricity in the body. Vice versa, a person, working directly with electricity will have to have the option of non-conductive shoes to prevent the electric charges from entering the body.
In such areas with a risk of slipping due to heavy viscosity spill off, an outsole with antiskid properties will be most suitable to protect the injuries caused due to slippage.
It is necessary to use suitable shoes against burns while working in the foundries or workshops handling the molten metal or the areas with harmful chemicals.
Symbols and Classifications of Safety Shoe
|SB||Basic level for safety shoe-Toe cap capable of withstanding impact of 200 joules|
|S1||Fully enclosed heel, anti-static properties and can withstand an impact of 200 joules|
|S2||Fully enclosed heel, anti-static properties, water resistant and can withstand an impact of 200 joules|
|S3||Same as S2 plus penetration resistant|
|S4||Outsole with rubber or polymeric, upper with anti-static properties, energy absorbing and 200 joule toe cap protection|
|S5||Same as S4 plus penetration resistant.|
|SBP||A toe cap capable of withstanding an impact up to 200 joules and a penetration resistant midsole.|
|S1P||The same as S1 but with an additional penetration resistant midsole.|
|S2P||As with S2 but with an additional penetration resistant midsole.|
Rock rooster Woodland
Men’s Composite Toe Waterproof Work Boots for Construction, Landscaping, Maintenance, Transportation and Utilities AK669
- Best Insole
- True to size
- Comfortable boots for all day wear!
- insanely comfortable insole
About this Item
- Oiled Crazy Horse Leather
- 100% Leather
- Rubber sole
- Reliable Durability;-Rock Rooster insists on reinforcing boots with superior quality material, Durable full grain leather upper, rugged weather-ready outsole, Results in comfortable and reliable experience in your working .
- Metal Free Composite toe;-Carbon fiber toe, 50% lighter. Metal Free boots, Metal detector free.
- Conform to American standard ASTM F2413-18 I/75 C/75 EH.
- Waterproof Membrane;-Delivers maximum waterproof protection and blood-borne pathogen resistance treatment to help prevent and control odours.
- Anti-Fatigue Technology;-Poron insole designed with comfort system, shock absorbing, geometrical technology that returns energy back to the foot to deliver all-day support and comfort.
- Worry-free Warranty;-30 days worry-free money back, a defect occurs in a Rock Rooster branded footwear product as the result of normal use within 180 days, we will replace the product. Day or night, when we are up, we will respond the mail for any concerns.
Carhartt Men’s Ruggedflex Safety Toe Work Boot
- Composite toe
- Oil resistant
- Slip resistant
- Self cleaning lugs
- Soul is little hard
About this item
- 100% Leather
- Rubber sole
- Shaft measures approximately 8″ from arch
- Composite Safety Toe. Identifies protection against impact and compression hazards with a composite (non-metallic) safety toe. Composite toes meet ASTM F2413-18 standards.
- Electrical Hazard (Safety Toe). Identifies secondary protection against incidental contact with electrical circuits of 18,000 volts or less under dry conditions. Safety Toe EH styles meet ASTM F2413-18 EH standards.
- Insulation (400gm 3M Thinsulate) These shoes are designed to keep your feet warm in most types of cold conditions. 3M Thinsulate is a microfiber that insulates boots by trapping air molecules between you and the outside. 400 grams is used for cold conditions or moderate activity levels.
- Storm Defender Waterproof Breathable Protection. These shoes are designed to be completely waterproof and to keep your feet dry in most types of wet conditions. A waterproof and breathable membrane is used to keep your feet dry but promote air flow and circulation.
- Cushion Comfort Insole. Carhartt PU with Foam cushion insole provides comfortable support and reduces foot fatigue.
ROCKROOSTER Woodland Work Boots for Men
ROCKROOSTER Woodland Work Boots for Men, 6 inch Composite Toe Lace up Leather Boots, Metal-Free, Ankle Support, Waterproof, Electric Hazard, Non-Slip, Comfortable, AK609, AK639, AK669, AK869
- • High consistency on fabric performance over time
- • Good moisture management and wicking performance
- • Good air permeability
- • Good fabric stability
- • Permanent moisture management performance
- • Excellent wash fast and colourfast performance
- The toe caps are too narrow
About this Item
- 100% Leather
- Rubber sole
- METAL FREE COMPOSITE TOE;- Carbon fiber toe, 50% lighter. Metal Free boots, Metal detector free. The composite toe meets the ASTM F2413-18 standard. Prevent impact and compression hazards.
- BREATHABLE;-Fabric made with COOLMAX technology transports moisture away from the body to keep the wearer cool and dry on hot days, fiber structures provide insulation on colder days.
- ANTI-FATIGUE TECHNOLOGY;-Poron insole designed with comfort system, shock absorbing, geometrical technology that returns energy back to the foot to deliver all-day support and comfort.
- ELECTRICAL HAZARD;- Represents secondary protection to prevent accidental contact with circuits of 18,000 volts or less under dry conditions.
- AFTER-SALES GUARANTEED;-30 days worry-free money back. If you are not satisfied with our boots, please find our rock rooster customer service through the order before complaining our return policy, we will provide you with a reasonable and satisfactory solution.
The Top 10 Best safety shoes for men in 21-22
ORISTACO Work Safety Boots Breathable Lightweight Reliable Durable Steel Toe Industrial Construction Shoes
- Comfortable and Very good for long Woking hours in ware houses
- Most suitable to work in food industry
- No rear ankle support
About This Product
- The steel toe boots are lighter weight in bottom construction for the whole day secure comfortable
- These boots are suitable and great for the use in Construction and Building, Manufacturing, Commercial ketches, Food processing, Transport & logistics, Storage and warehouse
- Protective steel toe cap
- Padded collar
- Memory foam insole
- Midsole is puncture proof
- Supportive heel
- Slip resistant sole
EVER BOOTS”Ultra Dry” Men’s Premium Leather Waterproof Work Boots Insulated Rubber Outsole
About this product
- Upper;- Waterproof Full grain Leather
- Lining;- Waterproof Breathable Membrane
- Construction;- Sealed Direct attached
- Midsole;- Shock Absorbent Polyurethane
- Outsole;- Durable rubber Whether resistant
- Closure type;- With waterproof laces
- Stitching;- Waterproof stitching
- Insulation;- Polyester Lining
Carhartt Men’s CMF6371 RugFlx6inblkcomp-M Construction Shoe
About this product
- Rugged design and provides extreme level of comfort.
- Shoe is popular for the durability and safety
- Storm defender
- Waterproof and breathable protection for the complete water proof and feet dry in most of the wet conditions
- Outsole of the shoe is cement construction.
- Fast drying technology wicks away sweat for the comfort and inside sole with foam cushion provides comfortable support with reduction in foot fatigue.
Timberland PRO Men’s Power train Sport Alloy Safety Toe Electrical Hazard Athletic Work Shoe
About this product
- Brand- Timberland Pro
- 100 % Nylon
- Synthetic sole
- Shaft measures 3” from the arch
- Alloy Safety shoe
- Breathable Mesh lining
- Electrical hazard protection
- Suitable in most demanding environment
- With best Anti-fatigue properties
- Premium ring top nylon upper with breathable and moisture wicking lining with treatment for odour control
- Best value for money
- Comfortable/ flexible , Light weight alloysafety toe
ROCKROOSTER Men’s Work Boots
ROCKROOSTER Men’s Work Boots, Steel Toe, YKK Zipper, 6 inch, Slip Resistant Safety Oiled Leather Shoes, Static Dissipative, Breathable, Quick Dry, AK050
About this product
- Sole is made of Thermoplastic Polyurethane
- Design of the shoe is Fashionable and Casual, suitable for Mechanic, Maintenance work,
- Suitable for Concrete, welders, construction work, heavy industry, Ware house, manufacturing and transportation.
- Fabric of shoe is made with Coolmax technology removes the moisture away from the body and keeps the wearer cool and dry on warm days. Fibre structures provide insulation on cooler days.
- Shoe fabric made with PORON Xrd repeated impact protection, comfort, breathable, thin & light weight with excellent endurance.
- This boot releases the static electric charge into ground during driving or using sweaters.
- Slip Resistant with rubber sole.
- Water resistant, slip on .Anatomically contoured foot bed cradles the foot to provide maximum comfort and support
- All the shoes of this product Conform to American Standard ASTM F2413-111/75 C/75
Men’s Soft Toe Oil Full Grain Leather Work Boots
EVER BOOTS”Tank” Men’s Soft Toe Oil Full Grain Leather Work Boots Construction Rubber Sole
About this product
- Shoe is made from 100 % Leather with rubber sole
- Shaft is 6.5” measured from arch
- Suitable for men and women all purpose, at work, at home
- Provide all day comfort with support and manageability from tall ankle boot.
- Suitable for construction jobs, contracting, landscaping, manual labour and many more works of similar nature and will be comfortable for long hours.
- The upper is Nubuck, supportive, not restrictive with reinforced stitches, a soft toe and a padded collar.
- Shoe with solid foundation and no slipping and dipping for stomp and tromp conditions. Stability of the shoe is excellent.
- True size to big brand men work boots and women size is 9.
DRKA Men’s Steel Toe Work Boots Water Resistant Safety Shoes
About this product
- These are true to the size of boots.
- Most comfortable for the continuous working
- The inner lining of the shoe is puncture-proof
- Shoes are lightweight
- The sole of the shoe is Polyurethane.
- Shoe confirms to American Standard ASTM F2413, with Steel Toecap
- Suitable for work, Hiking, and camping
- The leather of the shoe is excellent water resistance, cold resistance, Breathability, and good anti-aging properties
- The softness of the shoe is at par with the leather softness and eco-friendly.
- These shoes are suitable for all occasions, Electrician, Maintenance men, Water house workers, and construction workers
- Supplier offers the money-back guarantee or returns with easy-to-reach customer support.
Frequently Asked Questions for Safety Shoe
Safety is meant for providing safety against important parameters such as, Heavy object falling, Sharp objects, slipping and electrical hazards
Selection of the proper shoes for the particular requirement will be guided by the safety experts and the guide line for the purchase guide line on Safety shoe covered in this post
Last is the 3 Dimension figure for the mould.
- IS 15298 Indian Standards for the safety Shoe
- IS 14544 Indian Safety shoe standard for PVC shoes
- IS 20345 European Standards
- National Accreditation Board for Testing and Calibration Laboratories (NACBL)
- Central Labour Institute ( CLI)
- National Test House ( NTH)
- National Physical laboratory (NPL)
- Foot Design Development Institutes (FDDI)
Poly-Urethane is the composition of Polyol and Iso-cyanite. This composition is used for the safety sole manufacturing.
- Single Density PU
- Double Density PU-PU
- Double Density PU-TPU
- Double Density PU- Rubber
- Triple Density Nitrile
- Nitrile Rubber
Thermoplastic polyurethane is the class of polyurethane plastics
- Increased elasticity
- Resistance to oil , grease and abrasion
- Enhanced performance during change of weather
Rubber increases resistance to temperature and traction
Polyvinyl Chloride is made from combination of Molecules of vinyl chloride manomores.PVC is the cheapest and easy to mould synthetic polymer
Nitrile synthetic rubber copolymer of acrylonitrile and butadiene is used for the safety sole to increase the resistance against the puncture and temperature.
- Regular antistatic insoles
- ESD insoles
- Carbon insoles
Cushy walk is a pad of soft foam inserted inside the sole. Cushy walk pad increases the comfort with reduced fatigue and maintain maximum protection
This design adapts to all type of foot shape redistributing heel, ball and toe pressure for maximum support and comfort.
API completely protects the foot surface by reducing the weight and increase in flexibility.
Diabetic insole is anatomically designed foot bed, which uses the user’s body heat to mold the insole and even distribution of weight.
Oil Pull up Leather and CS print
Leather made from PVC or PU
This is a metal cap integrated in the shoe to protect the toe from falling objects.
Steel toe can provide resistant to impact of 200J, 140J or 100 Joules. ( 200 Joules= an object pf20 Kg falling on ground from a height of 1 meter or an object of 2Kgs falling from a height of 10 meters)
A non-metal cap made of Kevlar carbon fibre or plastic is known as composite toe.
Composite toe is lighter than steel toe.
These shoe are suitable for the places where the probability of shock is more and airport security.
Antistatic, ESD or Shockproof.
Electro Static Discharge is a shoe preventing term and the range is between 105-35*106 Ohms
Shoe which prevents the Electro Static Discharge between 105 – 109 Ohms.
This is European test standard and the test has to pass the EN test for slip resistance. The marking code will be, SRA, SRB or SRC.
- SRA=Slip resistance tested on ceramic tile floor with sodium lauryl sulphate solution
- SRB= Slip resistance tested on steel floors with glycerol.
- SRC= SRA + SRB
Area of foot in contact with the surface at any time. The area of contact decides the chances of slipping. More the area of contact less the chances of slipping.
The life of shoe when it is not used.
- Detachment of sole from upper
- Crack development
- Abrasion of the sole
Crack development in the sole
Scraping / wearing of sole